Monday, August 6, 2012

Roast Beef in Gravy

I have other recipes to post, but I want to post this one right now while the taste is fresh on the tip of my tongue.

Yum.

My friend Julie had posted this recipe on her FB. I also found it on Pinterest and had even pinned it. But it was Julie's recommendation that motivated me to put it on the menu.

Yum.

And easy.

I put this in my crockpot right before lunch and by dinner, the house smelled good (which was nice since earlier today I burned a Pop-Tart in the microwave due to a number malfunction). And my stomach was growling.

Then, just as if that wasn't torture enough, Hubby was a little later than usual getting home.

At that point, I was ready to just pop the lid off the crockpot and chow down.

Yet, like a good wife/mom, I waited.

And it was worth it.

Thanks for sharing, Julie!  We WILL be having this again!

Ingredients:
Roast (I used an arm roast which we got with our "half a cow")...about 3-4 pounds.  3 pounds was just the right size for us...there is just a smidgen left thanks to a really hungry teenager)

1 envelope Ranch dressing mix (the powder, not made)

1 envelope brown gravy mix

1 envelope Italian dressing mix

1/2 cup warm water

Directions:
I really think you can just mix the mixes and the water together and pour it over the thawed roast in the crockpot.

I also read you could sprinkle the mixes on the meat then add the water.

I did it that way.

I really don't think it matters.  

However you do it, cook on low for 6-8 hours.  You could probably cook on high for 3-4. I don't know...I haven't tried it on high.

But I do know with the low, around 6 was just right.

And it was good stuff.

We ate it with potatoes, rolls, and carrots and Ranch.

BIG hit.

And easy to boot.

We will be having this again.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)