Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Sensation

 I needed a dessert to make for a church event. I wanted something I could make ahead of time. Instead of heading over to Pinterest this time, though, I headed to my kitchen cabinet and pulled out our family cookbook.  I browsed desserts and settled on this one...
 Chocolate chip sensation.
Chocolate chips, cream cheese, chocolate pudding.

How could I go wrong?

This dessert is very similar to Brownie Delight and Oreo Layer Dessert

But if I am completely honest, this one is my favorite of the three.

Oh, I like the others.

But chocolate chip cookies...yum.

That would be a weakness of mine.

Oh, this recipe is courtesy of my cousin Doug and his wife Tammy from Michigan. 

Ingredients:
1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (This time I used whipped rather than a "block")

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 container Cool Whip

1 pint half and half

1 package instant chocolate pudding

mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. 

Flatten cookie dough (this takes a little armwork) onto a 15 inch pizza pan. Since I was transporting mine, I put it into a 9 x 13 glass dish that had been prayed instead. I needed a deeper dish than a pizza pan. Run knife or spatula under crust.

Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375.

Let the cookie cool for 10 minutes.

In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and the powdered sugar.  Set aside.

Combine the half and half and pudding.  Whisk together then set aside to set.

Spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.

Spread the pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese.

Top with Cool Whip.

Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)