Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stuffed Burger Bundles

I have been wanting to make these for some time but when it came time to make them, I would ultimately put them off until another day. I don't know why. They are not complicated and are very tasty.

This recipe comes from the kitchen of my cousin and his wife. In fact, in our family cookbook, they said it was the dish that made him propose. My cousin knows good food when he tastes it!

Anyway, here is the recipe.

Meatballs Ingredients:
1 cup seasoned crouton stuffing mix, such as Kellogg's. I think I ended up having to use Pepperidge Farm. It worked.
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 pound ground beef (unless it is my family, then we go for 2)

Gravy Ingredients:
1 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp ketchup

*As my cousin's wife suggested, double the soup, sauce, and ketchup, double the gravy and double the fun. I would agree. I would have done this had I had another can of soup. The gravy is really good.

Directions:
Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.
Combine milk and meat thoroughly. Divide into five patties (about 6" in diameter) on waxed paper (unless you used more meat like I did...).
Divide stuffing evenly into the middle of each patty, then wrap meat around the stuffing to form a large meatball. Make sure meat seals in stuffing all around.

*I will be honest. I didn't evenly divide the stuffing. I just took a small handful, shaped it into a ball, then put it on the "patties" to form the meatball.

Place the meatballs in a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.

Combine gravy ingredients to make gravy; heat through and pour over meatballs.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.

The gravy is excellent on mashed potatoes. We had ours served over white rice...oh yum. Good stuff. VERY filling!

Reba

1 comment:

  1. I am so PROUD to be your cousin and to have Stuffed Burger Bundles (deserves the capitalization) mentioned on your blog. We actually didn't have them at our house for a long time because we were avoiding MSG (in the mushroom soup) but now Campbell's offers one without it. So glad you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)