Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eggs and Cheese


Yet another simple dinner. Nothing fancy. Nothing extravagant. Not necessarily a meal for guests. But sometimes when we have just had chicken (the chicken crescent pockets), beef (mostaccioli), and pork (pork tenderloin), we need something different, something light. That and it is a busy time of year. I have to go with simple this time of year.

So tonight's dinner? Eggs and cheese? It is just basically a big omelet. Three ingredients. We usually have toast, bacon, and fruit for side dishes.

It works. :)

Here is the recipe:
Eggs and Cheese

Ingredients:
6 slices of American cheese (or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese)...tonight I decided to use slices of sharp cheddar since I prefer it over American
8 eggs
1 cup milk

Directions:

Grease a pie pan (I use a glass dish, sprayed with cooking spray).

Line the pie pan with slices of cheese.

Beat the eggs and milk. I just do it in a big measuring glass so then I can pour it. Pour into pie plate.

Bake for 40 minutes at 350.

I check to see if it is golden on top and jiggle the pan. As long as the middle is firm, it is done. :)

Like I said, nothing fancy, but it is a nice change of pace. Besides, I never seem to go wrong with "breakfast for dinner".

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)