Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Once again, not the best picture, nor my prettiest job frosting. But I was trying to do a million things at once. Maybe not a million, but a thousand at least...

I honestly don't know the name of this. We just always call it chocolate eclair. I first tasted it at a dinner with my former assistant principal, then later sought the recipe on the web. It is a good dessert to take to get togethers because it can be made ahead of time, is easy, and requires few ingredients. All positives in my book!

Ingredients:
Graham crackers (I just buy a box of the cheap kind, regular not cinnamon)
2 packages (approx. 3 oz) of INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip (or similar version), thawed
1 can chocolate frosting

Directions:
Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan with graham crackers.

In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Stir well. (I use a whisk) Stir in Cool Whip.

Spread half of the mixture over the graham cracker layer.

Top with another layer of graham crackers.

Pour remaining mixture over graham cracker layer.

Top with a final layer of graham crackers.

Spread the frosting over the the top layer of graham crackers.

Refrigerate until serving.

Yes, that is it. Easy Peasy.

And just because I worked so hard (ahem, ahem), I get to lick the frosting spreader.

Enjoy!

Happy cooking!

Reba

1 comment:

  1. This is Dennis' favorite desert. I buy the reduced fat Nabisco Honey Maid crackers, sugar free pudding and lite cool whip. a 9x13 pan fits 15 crackers in each layer. I lightly frost each cracker on top which makes it easier to cut 15 servings. The rest of the frosting will last several weeks in the fridge or you can frost a pan of brownies too. Aunt P

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)