Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Creamy Mashed Potatoes


Usually if I make mashed potatoes, I use this recipe

But the other day I decided to try something new that didn't require so much planning ahead.

So I did a little Googling and found this recipe.

Very simple.  Few ingredients.  Little time involved other than peeling the potatoes.

And guess what?

Hubby declared they were his favorite mashed potatoes I have made.

Well, guess it was a winner then!

Ingredients:
5 or 6 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cut (I rarely dice, I usually just cut into smaller chunks)

1 Tbsp kosher salt

2-4 Tbsp butter (I think I used 3)

1/4 tsp white pepper or black pepper

1 or 2 cans evaporated milk

Directions:
Boil potatoes in a large pot of water with salt added.

Okay, you really should bring the salted water to a boil before adding the potatoes but I kind of just did it all at once.

Boil until fork tender (15+ minutes...a little longer if you don't bring the water to a boil first :).

Drain the potatoes and mash.  I just used a mixer because I have a ricer, not a masher.  I now have a hand masher on order... :)

Add in the butter and pepper.

Add in the evaporated milk slowly until the desired creaminess is reached.

I only used 1 can; it was just right for us.

Enjoy!

Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)