Thursday, July 19, 2012

Steak Marinade

I have one marinade for steaks/pork chops that I like to use.  But I am always looking for others to try.

Recently I had some sirloin steaks to prepare for grilling. I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with them.

My cousin P. sent me a recipe for a steak marinade.

It was easy and quick to put together.

And it sounded good.

Works for me!

Ingredients (for 2-4 steaks)

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger
2 Tbsp oil (I used my canola blend)

Directions
Mix together the ingredients and marinate the steaks for at least 4 hours before grilling.  (Do watch for flare ups while grilling)

I just put all of the ingredients in a large ziplock and put the meat in, then I refrigerated it for the day.  I turned the bag at one point just to make sure all of the meat was getting the "juices".

I really liked it.  It had a good flavor but was subtle (not overpowering).

Thanks to my cousin for sharing the recipe!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)