Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sour Cream Bacon Chicken


I got this recipe from my co-worker Claudia who gave me the Baked Potato Soup recipe. The funny thing is I had a recipe very similar to this I used to make but the chicken baked in the oven for like 3-4 hours which made cooking at the end of the school day difficult. This recipe actually cooks in the slow cooker, so I run home at my lunch time (which is easy since I live five minutes from my school) and get it started. Then by dinnertime, it is ready to go.

So, here is the recipe...
Ingredients:
8 slices bacon
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I just used a 2.5 pound bag)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (it actually calls for the Roasted Garlic kind, but I always forget that and just use the regular which works out for my non-garlic eater in the house)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup flour

Directions:
Wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts.

Put in the bottom of a 3-4 quart slow cooker/crock pot.

Whisk together the soups, sour cream, flour.

Pour over chicken.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I didn't have time to completely defrost my chicken in the microwave on my lunch break, so I put it in the crockpot partially frozen. It worked out well because my crockpot cooks faster rather than slower. The chicken was perfect by dinnertime.

Oh, and of course, I used my crockpot liners. Easy clean up!

I serve it with wild rice, garlic bread, and some veggies (raw). Oh, and we had the chocolate molten lava cake for dessert...

Yum!

Oh, all of the family will eat this one!

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)