Sunday, February 3, 2013

Crockpot Beef Tips in Gravy


On our last day of our January Grocery Challenge, I was running out of ideas on what to make.  I knew I had some stew meat in the freezer, so that seemed like a starting point. I had pinned a few beef tips recipes, so I quickly perused them to see what would work.  The recipe I found was just what I needed. It used ingredients I had (mostly...will get to that in a minute).  And though the recipe I found was actually for the oven, I decided I would attempt it in the crockpot.  I am glad I did.  It was delicious.  The gravy was just right, and the meat was tender. 

I will definitely make it again.  Grocery Challenge or not.

Ingredients:
2 lbs beef tenderloin tips (or in my case stew meat)

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 packet brown gravy mix (I actually did not have one and didn't have time to get one but I found a WONDERFUL substitute using ingredients I had at home...I will be making a large batch of it for future use)

1 packet Lipton dry onion mix (I used the onion with mushroom)

1 4 oz mushrooms (I omitted this one since I used the onion with mushrooms soup)

1 cup water

Directions:
Place the meat in the crockpot.  Mix all of the other ingredients and pour over the meat.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  (Mine was MORE than ready after about 6)

Yes, that is all you do.

We ate ours over rice (mainly because I didn't have time to make mashed potatoes).

Yum!

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)