Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coming Soon...

I love to talk about food, probably because I so very much enjoy eating food. :) So I will confess that many of my Facebook status updates are about food as well as some of my blog entries on my home blog. I then am asked for recipes, so I thought this would be a good place to share.

I want to be clear that I am in NO way trying to be The Pioneer Woman who has taken the world by storm with her cooking blog. I am just not that good of a cook.

My plan is to share some recipes that our family enjoys. And maybe I will post a picture of the finished product if possible. Nothing fancy. Kind of like an on-line cookbook.

A few things you should know:

My family eats few vegetables. I have to admit, I am not a big vegetable eater myself. I really like them raw when I do eat them. So few recipes will call for veggies. I am not saying we never eat them but some of my children act like they are poison. Please, no lectures about how I should have started them off that way...we tried. I promise, we did.

We have six in our family (two adults, four kids) so most recipes will be for our family size.

I don't create recipes. I am not that creative. I just notice recipes from friends or in cooking magazines and try them. If they work out, we keep them and use them again. All that to say, I cannot and will not take credit for any recipe that I post unless it is actually mine (slim to none). I will always try to give credit where credit is due.

I think that is about it.

Now, let's get cooking!
Reba
PS A recipe will be coming up this week...check back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)