But this is a recipe I do want to remember. I found it here. I have made it twice now and have loved it both times. Plus it is easy and fairly quick. My favorite combination.
- Pork Chops (originally recipe called for 4 thick cut; we typically get 6 thinner chops due to family size)
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (depending on how many pork chops you use)
- 1/2 tsp of the following: garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar and spices/seasonings. Rub the sugar mixture into the pork chops. I just put the mixture into a bowl then kind of "dredge" the chops in it.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet at medium/high heat. I use a cast iron skillet because it can go into the oven.
- Once the oil is hot add the pork chops to the skillet. Cook about 5 minutes on each side until they are browned.
- Place in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes (if you are NOT using a cast iron skillet, transfer to something oven safe) to thoroughly cook the pork chops.
We ate this meal with half baked potatoes (completely baked but halved :) ) and French bread. It is quite simple, quite good!
More soon. Really. :)